As the country takes a step towards ‘normality' from Monday 19th July, we'd like to take a moment to talk about what that will mean here at the Salthouse.
We will continue to run the Hotel with caution, maintaining the safety protocols that we know have been important to you. We have learned a lot over the last year – not least that it is possible to provide the genuine hospitality and care you have come to expect from us while still prioritising your safety and that of our team.
Self-isolation guidelines will, however, affect staffing levels. So with all that in mind tried and tested procedures remain in place – with a little tweak here and there:
- Extra cleaning measures continue, and hand sanitising points remain. Regular hand washing and sanitising by our staff will still be closely monitored.
- Check-in time will remain at 3 pm to ensure bedrooms are correctly prepared, and contactless checkouts by telephone will continue.
- Face coverings will now be optional but encouraged for our guests. Our team will keep wearing them for now and will also continue their regular testing procedures.
- You might see an extra table or two back in the restaurant and bar, but we will continue to operate with table service only. In honesty, we've enjoyed offering this service and will continue to do so - it has made for a lovely atmosphere.
- The ‘rule of six' will be relaxed.
- During your stay the housekeeping team will not enter your room. If you require additional supplies, these can be requested from reception and delivered to your door.
Our Concierge team will be unable to enter guest vehicles, which therefore means the car park at the hotel is operating on a first come, first served basis for single parked vehicles. Once at capacity, we are able to offer parking at a car park on Duke Street for no additional charge, which is less than a 3-minute walk from the hotel.
To avoid fines, please arrive at the hotel reception to register your vehicle before proceeding to this overflow car park. Any vehicles parked at Duke Street car park that haven't been registered at the hotel reception within 30 minutes of parking, will receive a fine directly from the car park operator.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Back to top